CLA provides Medical Assistance Personal Care (MAPC) nursing oversight and billing for personal care services provided to adults who live in supported living arrangements.
Medical Assistance Personal Care Program
Who is eligible?
- Be over age 18
- Be a resident of Dane County
- Be eligible to receive Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
- Be an IRIS participant
CLA’s Role in the Supported Living Personal Care Program
- Provides a Registered Nurse to complete an in-home assessment of personal care needs. (The individual must have at least two hours per day of personal care services to qualify for the program.)
- Provides a Registered Nurse to complete an annual assessment to determine the number of qualified hours per day per the State’s screening tool and obtain Prior Authorization from the State of WI
- Provides a Registered Nurse to visit the client’s home every 2 months to observe the worker in the home providing personal care.
- Provides training verification to ensure that workers are qualified to provide personal care services.
- Provides additional training on nurse-delegated tasks to all workers in the home.
- Provides quality oversight, billing and compliance with all rules and regulations of the MAPC program.