Job Title: Home Care Specialist I
Department: Personal Care
Status: Regular Full-Time and Regular Part Time
Deadline: Open Until Filled
$14.40/hour + $700 HIRING BONUS for 20+ hours per week!
Health, Dental, & Vision available for 30+ hours per week
Guaranteed hours available for both full-time and part-time positions!! – AMs, PMs, and split shifts available!
Quick advancement opportunities include increased wages and Paid Time Off (PTO)!
The Home Care Specialist I (HCS I) is part of a team collaboration between the Scheduling and Personal Care departments that serves and cares for clients who are new to CLA as well as for clients who have open shifts. Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the team is highly trained in critical cares in order to work with a variety of clients. Each team member works with fellow team members to cover client shifts. Each team member serves and cares for clients with a focus on excellence and customer satisfaction. Individual must be prompt with shift start and end times, and be flexible with location of shifts, as cares are provided throughout Dane County.
- 90% – Ensures continuity of care and meets client’s immediate needs by providing personal and critical cares and housekeeping tasks to clients. Communicates regularly with the Supervisor and Scheduling about the status of client’s care and provides appropriate documentation of tasks and client care needs.
- 10% – Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by:
- Practicing effective communication skills and maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships with clients, family members/surrogates, CLA Office Staff, and other personal care workers.
- Participates in the Scheduler On-Call (SOC) rotation to receive and triage calls and/or pages from clients and PCWs to ensure that all clients receive needed cares
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- 18+ years of age
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to serve clients throughout Dane County
- Available to work every-other-weekend
- Capable of lifting/moving 35 pounds
- 6+ months caregiver experience
CLA policy is to comply with affirmative action requirements and to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants based on qualifications without regard to any protected class status. Individuals who do not meet all of the minimum requirements of the position will not be considered. Interested candidates are encouraged to request a copy of the complete position description.
Please contact a member of Recruitment (Recruitment@clanet.org) to request an application.