CLA supports full compliance with Dane County Emergency Order #8, and for everyone’s safety, CLA requires that masks be worn in the CLA building as outlined in the order.
The Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities has released a helpful toolkit on COVID-19 resources designed for people with disabilities and their families. It provides great tips on how to stay healthy and safe.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services has published this useful guide for clients on how they can protect themselves from COVID-19 during a home visit.
CLA is committed to protecting the health and well-being of its clients and staff. Due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19, we will be posting a variety of information here regarding our plans. We will continuously monitor this rapidly changing situation and adapt and update our plans to meet current needs.
To Our Clients – the Wisconsin Department of Health Services has published this helpful guide on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 during home visits.
PCW Precautions before Starting a Shift
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important for everyone to do all they can to stay safe and well. Before starting a shift for CLA, Personal Care Workers (PCWs) are encouraged to take their temperature to check for fever and to ask themselves if they or a member of their household have/are
- Experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Been out of the country or traveled to a high-risk area within the last 14-18 days, or encountered anyone who has?
- Encountered anyone known to have COVID-19?
- Been hospitalized within the last 14-18 days?
- Been in contact with anyone who was hospitalized within the last 14-18 days?
If the answer to any question is YES, the PCW should contact their RN Supervisor, their medical provider, and CLA’s on-call line at 608-301-5513 if unable to report to work.
Thank you for your continued support of our clients!
Click HERE to read CLA’s Exemption from and Return to Work policy related to the coronavirus.
Joining the “Hearts in the Window’ movement, CLA posted messages to its essential Caregivers:
♥ Stay Safe
♥ Stay Strong
♥ Thank You
♥ Caregivers Rock!
WORRIED ABOUT CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19?
Help yourself, your family and CLA’s clients stay healthy by following a few simple precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, going to the bathroom, and before eating or preparing food. (Think about singing Happy Birthday twice or the Alphabet song to wash for 20 seconds.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Seek medical attention if you have a fever, cough, or are short of breath.
RESOURCES ABOUT CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19